About the BookThis book comes as a humble attempt to provide the students appearing for the CAT and other aptitude tests appropriate study material to prepare for the vital section, i.e. quantitative section of the examination.
It has been divided into 15 chapters and 10 Mock Test Papers. Chapters 2 to 15 are divided into four broad parts:
Diagnostic Test: Giving answer keys, score interpretation, and solutions to each problem.
Brush up Your Concepts: Providing short-cut and analytical methods of solving problems.
Solved Examples: Containing step-by-step solution using short-cut and analytical methods.
Water Level Tests: Offering four different levels of highly graded and frequently asked (in CAT and other aptitude tests) problems—Speed Tests I to IV, with answer keys and solutions to all the problems.
There are 10 Mock Test Papers with Self Evaluation Sheets at the end of the book to enable the students to benchmark their performance. Apart from these, there are original CAT papers of previous years. Solving these will serve as a revision of important questions as well as give the students a feel of the real examination.
The main features of this book are:
• Simple, lucid and scientific style of presentation.
• Special methods of computation to increase the student’s problem-solving speed.
• Over 2150 highly graded and frequently asked problems with solutions.
• More than 550 problems with solutions for Diagnostic Tests.
• Score interpretation of Diagnostic Tests to guide students to take the right approach of preparing for the CAT.
• Over 500 solved examples.
• Nine hundred problems with solutions for Water Level Tests.
• Ten Mock Test Papers with 200 problems with answers.
• Self Evaluation Sheets for Mock Test Papers.
• Previous years’ CAT question papers with answers.About the Author/sK.R. Gupta is a well-known Economist. He has published over twenty books, and contributed more than hundred papers in reputed journals, being published in India and abroad. The books written by him include Advanced Microeconomics
(2 vols.); Advanced Macroeconomics
(2 vols.); Economic Growth Models; Global Financial Crisis (3 vols.); International Economics (2 vols.); and Economics of Development and Planning (2 vols.). His latest edited books are Rural Development in India (4 vols.); and Indian Economic Policies and Data (co-edited).
Dr. Gupta had been teaching postgraduate classes, and guiding research for about two decades in the University of Jammu and Kurukshetra University. He has also worked as an Economist in private as well as in public sector. His last assignment was as Economic Advisor to the Modi Enterprises.