Mastering Modern World History, 5th Ed.
Same Day Shipping.
The History of the Modern World
The fifth edition of this bestselling book is the most sought-after book for preparation of UPSC Examination and other courses in Modern World History and International Relations. It is a complete, self-contained, lively and highly readable course, suitable for individual study or classroom use. The general reader, who wishes to find out how the world got into its present state, will also find the book useful
Bundle of knowledge
'Mastering Modern World History' presents a complete account of all the significant happenings in the world and events that have unfolded over the years. From political histories and important presidential elections to important personalities, this book presents a complete insight of the critical details of the modern world history. The book has been innovatively designed and consists of a lot of persuasive pictures that engage the students. It covers all the topics in a very clear and concise manner. It starts with a general introduction to the topics and then comes up with detailed themes. The book has clear headings, keywords and important underlined phrases. This further enhances the visibility and understanding of the readers. With cross referencing and helpful problem-solving approach, the text is easy to understand and gives an introduction to a higher level study of modern world history.
Key features of the fifth edition:
- A new chapter on Latin America and its changing relationship with the USA
- New sections on the Arab Spring, the 2008 financial crash and its aftermath, and the European Union in crisis
- New material on the changing face of communism in China; USA: Bush to Obama; Russia under Putin and Medvedev; the continuing conflict between Palestinians and Israelis and the 'war against terrorism'
- A survey of international relations and war from 1900 to 2012
- Europe and its history - the rise and fall of fascism and communism
- International affairs of the major superpowers - USA, Russia/USSR and China
- International conflict -The Holocaust, 9/11 and the fall of Saddam Hussein
- Decolonization and subsequent events in Africa, and the rise of political Islam
- Global problems - climate change, economic crises, the population 'explosion'
- Mention of disagreements and controversies among historians, as well as new interpretations and discoveries
About the Author
Norman Lowe is a writer, who has many years of experience in teaching history at all grade levels. He was the head of Nelson and Colne College in Lancashire, the UK for 25 years. His history books have been recognized as bestsellers and are known for their clarity and easy approach. He is the author of Mastering Modern British History and Mastering Twentieth-Century Russian History.
The book is available online for convenient shopping. You can bag this book from Amazon.in today by following a few easy steps.
The special Indian edition of this bestselling book is published by Palgrave Macmillan, UK and exclusively distributed in India by Atlantic Publishers & Distributors (P) Ltd., at a special low price for the benefit of Indian readers.
|Original Price||INR 795|
|Dimension||23.3 cm x 15.5 cm x 2.8 cm|